More About Turing
These resources offer more information about Turing’s life and legacy.
- The Alan Turing website was developed and is maintained by Dr. Andrew Hodges, author of Alan Turing: The Enigma. The website is a comprehensive resource providing detailed information about Turing’s professional accomplishments, personal life, and lasting impact on the world.
- Learn more about the book by Dr. Hodges, “Alan Turing: The Enigma.“
- You also may be interested in the book by Dr. Martin Davis, “Engines of Logic: Mathematicians and the Origin of the Computer.”
- The Turing Digital Archive contains mainly unpublished personal papers and photographs of Alan Turing. The originals are kept in the Turing Archive at King’s College, Cambridge.
- The Alan Turing Year commemorated the 100th anniversary of Turing’s birth with hundreds of events and conferences throughout 2012.
- Bletchley Park was the center of British codebreaking and intelligence during World War II. The museum highlights the lifesaving work done at Bletchley Park by Turing and his colleagues.