International Distribution Plan
Worldwide distribution plans are moving forward for CODEBREAKER. This drama-documentary eventually will be available on every major platform including a limited theatrical release (in the U.S.), broadcast television, cable, film festivals, DVD, Video-On-Demand (VOD), and academic institutions. There’s an 81-minute version and 53-minute version of this film being distributed around the globe. Nearly two million people on four continents have already seen the film, with more soon to follow.
U.S. THEATRICAL RELEASE
TODpix, in conjunction with Story Center Productions and Furnace, is offering this film for release in theaters across the U.S. It’s being distributed using a unique, new model called “theatrical on demand”. This grassroots model puts the decision-making power in the hands of moviegoers, guaranteeing the film’s screening in any community where there is sufficient interest. CODEBREAKER has already played to enthusiastic audiences in New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Fort Lauderdale, Chicago, Galesburg, IL, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, DC. Learn details about how to bring this film to a theater in your community.
In June of 2012, more than 325,000 people watched the film in Australia on SBS One. CODEBREAKER also was shown on TV3 in Catalonia, Spain. It broadcast on Channel 4 in the United Kingdom in late 2011, attracting 1.5 million viewers and receiving solid reviews. It will broadcast on TVO in Ontario, Canada in early 2013. In addition, it soon will be broadcast on Discovery France.
London based TVF International is lining up additional foreign broadcast partners in the months ahead. Stay tuned for details!
Special corporate screenings of CODEBREAKER are attracting interest from some of the world’s leading companies. Google, Intel, Société Générale, Northern Trust, Pfizer, Ingersoll Rand, and several law firms have hosted or scheduled corporate screenings. Additional screenings will be held throughout 2013 at technology companies, other corporations, banks, and law firms. Executive Producer Patrick Sammon attends these screenings to introduce CODEBREAKER and lead a Question & Answer session after the film. Please email Patrick (ps@TuringFilm.com) to find out details for hosting a corporate screening.
UNIVERSITY & COLLEGE SCREENINGS
The production team has been busy with screenings of CODEBREAKER at colleges and universities across the U.S. Schools that have hosted or scheduled Patrick Sammon to screen the film include Bryn Mawr College, Duke University, The University of Texas-Austin, The University of Colorado-Boulder, The University of Kansas, Ramapo College of New Jersey, The Colorado School of Mines, Johns Hopkins University, The University of Wisconsin-Stout, and The University of California-Irvine. Please contact the producers (ps@TuringFilm.com) for more information about scheduling a screening in 2013.
CODEBREAKER has been shown at special screenings around the world.
- Executive Producer Patrick Sammon introduced the film at ACM’s Turing Centenary Event in San Francisco in June of 2012.
- The Newton Institute in Cambridge, England also hosted a Centenary event in June that featured the film.
- The Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence screened the film at its yearly meeting in Rome in June.
- The Institute for Quantum Computing at the University of Waterloo in Canada had a public screening of the film last June. Read news stories about this event.
- The PES Institute of Technology in Bangalore, India showed the film at its Turing Centenary event in June.
- The Spencer Museum of Art at the University of Kansas showed the film last year, in conjunction with its Turing Centenary exhibit.
- A special community screening was held in Bergen, Norway.
- Other screening events of CODEBREAKER have been held or scheduled in many other countries including Iceland, France, Brazil, Germany, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.
Please email Executive Producer Patrick Sammon (ps@TuringFilm.com) to learn details about hosting a screening of the film in your community during 2013.
CODEBREAKER also is being screened at select film festivals around the world.
- The film received the Audience Award at the 2012 European Science TV & New Media Awards. The film festival took place last July in Dublin, Ireland.
- It also received the Audience Award at last fall’s Side by Side LGBT International Film Festival in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Last October, CODEBREAKER was one of only 15 selected for the prestigious Pariscience International Science Film Festival.
- This drama documentary also was picked for November’s Oslo International Film Festival in Norway.
CODEBREAKER will be available later in 2013 for purchase online and DVD. Exact timing will be based on the schedule for television broadcasts.
Interest in the film is being generated throughout our target markets with marketing partner, Moxie Matters. This marketing consultancy builds buzz and drives action among niche communities for independent feature and documentary film projects. The Moxie Matters team is committed to creating the most compelling and effective film marketing and distribution strategies for independent film producers, investors, and distributors.